In this era of massive expansion of digital communication networks, micro-trenching has become an important method of excavation for installing optical fibre and electrical cables on roadways and in urban areas.
Microtrenching is the process of cutting a trench that is just the right size. It is a cleaner, faster method than the standard trenching methods and has the advantage of
- minimisation of disturbance to communities
- reduction of time taken for trenching, and hence costs
- reducing time backfilling and making good of road surfaces etc
- The Echidna OmniCut microtrenching technology offers a cleaner cut than a typical tungsten-carbide tipped micro-trenching machine, reducing damage to concrete and asphalt surfaces to a very bare minimum.
- The Echidna OmniCut cutting speed is at least 5x faster than the equivalent tungsten carbide cutting disks
- The minimum width of the OmniCut trench is 26mm.
- The OmniCut cutting tips have excellent wear properties, giving very long times between servicing.
- OmniCut microtrenching attachments easily cut through reinforcing bars in concrete
Grooved Road surfaceEchidna OmniCut micortrenching attachments can be designed for as little as 1mm cutting depth. This precision cannot be achieved by
Micro-trench ParametersEchidna micro-trenching attachments can be customised to suit the application requirements.
|Time to Cut||hours||3||2|
Stavoplast KL spol s.r.o. utilised the Echidna O4S microtrenching attachment on their Menzimuck excavator to cut this 300m long trench in the concrete floor of an old cowshed, to run optical fibre cables.
Microtrench through concrete with Echidna omnicut microtrencher
The attachment was required to cut an 80mm wide trench, 160mm deep and 300m long, through old reinforced concrete.
After 3 hours, the job was complete.
Company owner Ing. Kamil Zizka of Stavoplast KL was very happy with the result - a trench that he would have expected to take 3 days to finish was completed in less than half of 1 day, with a very smooth and tidy finish that would require minimal repair work after the cable has been laid.
- fast, minimal damage, precision trenches from 26mm width
- sandstone, marble, granite, limestone, basalt...
- cut dimensional stone directly in quarry
- multi blade saws for precision blocks
- footings, trenches, basements, carparks, swimming pools and more
- boundary wall cutting
- minimise vibration in sensitive areas
- re-use cut material for retaining walls
- optical fibre, plumbing, electricity trenches
Tight Access Excavation
- underhouse excavations
- difficult access locations
- swimming pool installation/demolition in backyards
- rocksaws, stump grinders and rock grinders for excavators down to 1 tonne
Concrete Cutting & Demolition
- reinforced concrete structures
- swimming pools
- pre-fabricated buildings
- small scale mining operations
- mine site infrastructure
- extract blocks for processing
- trenches for services
- finishing walls
- slots for services in tunnel walls
- stump grinder
- milling logs
- brush cutting
- shape blocks for retaining walls, paths, stairs
- trim trees
- modify and remove concrete
- grind stumps